Prepare…Respond…Get Back to Work!
The Illinois Manufacturers’ Association (IMA) is offering a seminar on June 4th and 19th, covering disaster preparedness and recovery planning. IMA is encouraging businesses to be proactive in their approach, establishing plans for a variety of possible crisis situations.
- When: June 4 or June 19, 8AM to 3PM
- Where: Richland Community College, Decatur, IL (June 4th) and College of DuPage, Homeland Security Training Center, Glen Ellyn, IL (June 19)
- Costs: $125 for single registrant, $90 for additional restaurant, $250 for non-members, includes training materials, continental breakfast and lunch
Below is the agenda:
Creating a Safety-First Environment: The Need for a Plan
- Proactive plan
- Develop a crisis management team
- Active Shooter/First Responders
- Natural Disasters
- Hazardous Spills/Safety Issues
- Termination Attorney
Best practices for handling disciplinary issues & actions, warning signs
- (a) Internal – Share with employees what steps are in place and their role if something is not right; ensure all know what to do before, during and after an emergency, info for first responders.
- (b) External – Getting the word out to public, employees’ families, key audiences
Getting Back to Work
- Counseling and PTSD Services
- Business Continuity Planning
- Building Your Own Safety Culture
- Tying it all together in your own plan that you can take back to office